The Azure Data Engineer will help design, build, and support our data and insights enablement solutions in the cloud. As part of an Agile solutions team, they will work with business analysts, product owners and database developers to implement purpose-built data solutions for our internal and external stakeholders. They will also work closely with our ITGRC (IT Governance, Risk, Compliance), Privacy and Security Operations teams to ensure our data solution platforms meet the highest security requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate on the strategy of new cloud data stores and migration of existing data
- Coach, cross-train, and mentor project team members in developing data solutions in Azure.
- Work collaboratively to design, document and ensure continuous improvement of SDLC best practices for data in the cloud.
- Be an advocate for quality and security through data quality and accuracy validation and auditing of security best practices.
- Focus on understanding business problems and determine what aspects require optimization; articulate those aspects in a clear and concise manner
- Work collaboratively with our data teams and product owners to understand requirements; to propose and develop solutions that enable effective decision-making through analytics and support insights that will drive our business growth.
- Support our cloud platforms as part of an agile team.
- Candidates will have experience with database systems, Azure cloud storage, and significant exposure to or experience with modern data and BI platforms (such as Databricks, MSSQL Data Warehouse (Synapse), Snowflake and Tableau).
- You have previous experience with data migration to cloud based environment
- You have an interest and passion in designing and implementing data management, querying, and storage, with a particular focus on purpose-built data stores.
- You possess functional knowledge of data visualization tools such as Domo and Tableau.
- You also have an understanding of standard ETL tools and techniques, sourcing, maintaining, and updating data, data warehousing, data cleansing, and other analytical techniques required for data usage.
- You also possess database fluency, including an optimal understanding of SQL and a deep understanding of multiple database concepts.
- You have a solid understanding of cost and performance considerations and tradeoffs of different data products within Azure
- 2-5 years’ experience working in a cloud computing with Azure experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
CoverMyMeds, part of McKesson’s Prescription Technology Solutions, is a fast-growing healthcare technology company. Our mission: Help patients get the medications they need to live healthy lives. Our solutions seamlessly connect the health care network to improve medication access, increasing speed to therapy and reducing prescription abandonment for patients like you and me.
We hire ambitious people and make it a priority to invest in them by providing opportunities to grow their careers and connections within the community. On-site culinary team, flexible hours and paid benefits? Yeah, we have those too. But don’t take our word for it. We’ve been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by Glassdoor, a “Best Company to Work For” by FORTUNE, and our employees have great things to say, too.
CoverMyMeds is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.