CoverMyMeds is looking for a Business Analyst to engage with our various stakeholders that service the Clinical Alerts product team to convert their ideas and requirements into development user stories. This role requires excellent communication and analytical skills in order to effectively collaborate with business users, technology teams, and leadership in an Agile environment.
This position works with stakeholders to elicit, understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build effective solutions. This requires a detailed understanding of internal customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business value and delivery. This role will serve as the business requirements expert, engaging and managing the work of internal subject matter experts from the business. This role will also work with the business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks including business operational risks.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify needs, gather requirements, develop user stories and propose business solutions to solve real business needs in the pharmacy industry
- Partner closely with our Engineering Manager and development team to ensure user requirements, stories, and acceptance criteria are well-understood
- Continuously groom user stories in the backlog to ensure the maximum value of the delivery team
- Investigate what is needed to validate new product ideas and manage the cross-functional validation process, working with development, legal, sales and support teams
- Create and maintain a process for collecting and prioritizing new product ideas
- Evangelize new product ideas across our organization, presenting to internal and external stakeholders, communicating plans and timelines and answering questions as they arise
- Become our go-to expert on pharmacy technologies, regularly researching the industry and keeping us ahead of trends
- Travel to user sites to solicit ideas, validate MVPs and continue iterating on solutions
- 3+ years of experience working as a business analyst, particularly with web-based software
- 1+ years of experience working directly with users to gather requirements and evaluate product/market fit
- Experience working with healthcare required, and pharmacy technologies preferred
- Able to travel about 20% of your time to user sites
- Proven experience utilizing qualitative and quantitative data related to new product development
- A natural collaborator who seeks out new perspectives and builds trusting relationships with stakeholders
- Devoted to learning, constantly working to stay up-to-date on our industry
- Proven experience identifying and prioritizing the most important things amongst a myriad of important things
- Thrive in the inherit ambiguity and risk that comes with creating new things
- Exceptional communicator, able to partner with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
CoverMyMeds is one of the fastest growing healthcare technology companies in the US. We help prescribers and pharmacies submit Prior Authorization requests for any drug and nearly all health plans - 100% free - to get millions of patients on their medications every single year. Our team of highly-productive healthcare enthusiasts with a passion for helping others is the best thing about working here. On-site chef and paid benefits? Yeah, we have those too. But don’t take our word for it. We’ve been named to Glassdoor's top 50 places to work in the nation, Inc. 500’s list three times, were awarded one of the top places to work by Modern Healthcare and three times won best places to work in Columbus, Ohio.