Our CoverMyMeds team is growing rapidly and we are in search of a Senior Project Manager to lead the execution of projects within our Specialty space. In this role, you will work with product, account management and development teams at CoverMyMeds to take high level project requirements and deliver scalable solutions. You will also partner with other McKesson partners and clients to understand requirements, develop project strategies and communicate progress, risks and opportunities.
You’ll work in an iterative development environment on a variety of projects for Pharma clients in the Specialty space. These projects will involve all of our verticals and many McKesson business units.
We’re seeking a team member that will live our core values – a unique, self-motivated, and results-driven individual who acts with integrity and humility.
What You’ll Do
Like most growing companies, the job content of all positions varies daily as everyone pitches in to get the job done. Nonetheless, we try to maintain clarity with respect to employees’ primary responsibilities
- Accountability for and ownership of projects to achieve goals, including working with teams to define and deliver solutions against timelines and scope.
- Actively communicates with executive leadership, customer leadership, project sponsors, key stakeholders, and project team.
- Works with the CoverMyMeds teams, McKesson teams and clients to develop strategies and solutions to solve business problems
- Lead and actively participate in discussions around project and program workflows and solutions
- Acts as a consultant to understand how the project contributes to the big picture
- Leads the team through issues and roadblocks while anticipating and managing project risks.
- Acts as a change agent to help teams, stakeholders and customers recognize and navigate the changes required to meet customer needs.
- Expertly navigates common project management methodologies and utilizes industry project management practices, where applicable.
- Performs basic project management administrative duties such as outlining meeting agendas, facilitating meetings, capturing notes, status reports, and tracking action items.
- Consolidates and communicates internal performance metrics
- Work with team to manage project scope, defining and following a formal change management process, as needed.
- Maintain client/vendor relationships
- Makes recommendations for operations improvements and creates new tools and processes.
- Awareness of implications beyond the scope of a project with the ability to foresee lessons learned and make improvements in the moment and long-term
- Reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished towards specified program objective and modifies or changes methodology as required to redirect activities and attain objectives.
- Participates in stretch assignments and organizational activities outside of core role responsibilities that improve the company
- Drive project strategy and decision making with consideration to the vertical and company-level landscape
- May include oversight of other project managers
Our ideal candidate has a proven ability to lead large, complex programs to desired outcomes. Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technical or Healthcare Related field.
- 8+ years of experience leading project implementations
- Exposure to a variety of Project Management methodologies
- Proven success interfacing with stakeholders to understand needs and manage expectations
- Experience designing technical solutions to solve business problems
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Works well in a team centered environment as well as the ability to work independently
- Experience with software development lifecycle
- Experience in healthcare a plus
- Professional training/certification a plus
CoverMyMeds is one of the fastest growing healthcare technology companies in the US. We help prescribers and pharmacies submit Prior Authorization requests for any drug and nearly all health plans - 100% free - to get millions of patients on their medications every single year. Our team of highly-productive healthcare enthusiasts with a passion for helping others is the best thing about working here. On-site chef, flexible hours and paid benefits? Yeah, we have those too. But don’t take our word for it. We’ve been named to Glassdoor's top 50 places to work in the nation, Inc. 500’s list three times, were awarded one of the top places to work by Modern Healthcare and three times won best places to work in Columbus, Ohio.
CoverMyMeds is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.