As a Software Developer at CoverMyMeds, you’ll create solutions that make our healthcare system work more efficiently and effectively in order to help millions of patients receive their prescription medications every year. You’ll build products that our partners in healthcare use every day and innovate products that don't even exist yet. You’ll work on small, cross-functional and collaborative teams with endless opportunities to take on responsibility, continue learning and mentor others. This position can be worked from our Columbus or Cleveland offices or Remote.
Our Tech Stack
Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Phoenix, Python, PHP, React, VueJS, AngularJS, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Git, Elasticsearch, Capistrano, Redis, Sidekiq, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, RSpec, Capybara, Cucumber
What You’ll Do
CoverMyMeds is organized into what we call “business units.” Each business unit has all the roles needed to develop products. Our business units focus on different kinds of users in the healthcare industry. You’ll build solutions to support your business unit’s users in their role in helping patients get the medications they need to live healthy lives.
- Design and develop web applications and APIs for the CoverMyMeds product line
- Jump into both the front-end and back-end of solutions, with the exact balance depending on the project and team
- Own the quality of the solutions you create through automated testing, and support and maintain your solutions after they’re in production
- Contribute to a productive agile environment by partnering closely with necessary stakeholders, deploying often and inspecting and adapting as needed
- Around 3 or more years of experience in back-end web development (Don’t know our tech stack? No problem. We hire from all tech stacks and training’s on us)
- Familiar with front-end web development technologies and techniques
- Proficient in development SQL database software
Non-technical skills that really set our Software Developers up for success:
- Desire to empathetically share and receive feedback and knowledge to help everyone keep improving
- Thrive at working closely with a team to find solutions collaboratively
- Able to effectively explain your choices during problem-solving
- Great at communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
Our more senior Software Developers should also have these traits:
- Passionate about mentoring other team members
- Proven experience leading discussions with diverse stakeholders
- Able to understand customer needs and challenges
How We Grow
We’re almost always hiring Software Developers on all our teams across CoverMyMeds. We encourage internal movement, grow constantly and experience a ton of change, so we feel it’s most important to assess you for how you’ll succeed at CoverMyMeds versus on one individual team. We do our best to learn as much as we can about your skill set and interests, and at the end of our process, we select which teams we feel will set you up for success right away.
- Phone interview with one of our Recruiters
- One of our Recruiters will set up a phone call with you that typically lasts around 45 minutes. They’ll start by answering any questions you have about CoverMyMeds to ensure you get what you need out of the chat. This interview is meant to be conversational and will adapt, based on your skill set and interests. Our Recruiter will introduce topics that are important to our development teams and you’ll share what experience and opinions you have in those areas. Topics may include things like security, reliability, REST, teaching others, learning new skills, our core values, etc.
- Live coding interview with one of our Software Developers
- One of our Software Developers will join you for a video and screen share meeting that typically lasts around 1.5 hours. They will send you 3 different coding exercises to walk through different areas of the stack. The first coding exercise will be client-side, the second will be backend and the third will be a few SQL operations. They will spend 30 minutes live on each exercise with you. For any work you two decide should be finished up after that 30 minutes, you’ll have the opportunity to complete it on your own time and send it back to them. We’d like you to approach this meeting as if you’re mentoring our Software Developer. We encourage you to explain your approach, be collaborative and ask questions. The goal of taking you through different parts of the stack is to confirm your areas of strength and passion. We also like to see fluency with your chosen tools. It’s totally expected for you to use search engines while you’re problem-solving, we just ask that you’re mindful of how much you’re relying on them. You'll be working through the exercises on your own machine, using the tools of your choice.
- Code day with one of our development hiring teams
- Our code day is meant to be a mini day in the life of our Software Developer role. You'll join us for half a day, work with one of our teams and build an application. You’ll do some preparation work ahead of time to get your application in a good starting point. During your code day, you’ll work with our team to complete the project. At the end of your visit, our team will regroup with you to wrap things up. They’ll start by reviewing your project through a demo of the application and a look at your code. They’ll then ask some general questions about your background and interests to get to know you better. They’ll end by giving you plenty of time to get all of your questions answered. We’re happy to conduct this step virtually for our remote candidates to get a good sense for how a remote Software Developer role would feel.
A quick note: If you’d prefer different logistics to accommodate your individual needs and set you up for success, let us know how we can help and we'll do our best. We want this process to be as accessible and inclusive as possible for you.
CoverMyMeds is one of the fastest growing healthcare technology companies in the US and consistently honored as one of the best places to work in the country. Our mission: Help patients get the medications they need to live healthy lives. Our solutions seamlessly connect the health care network to improve medication access, increasing speed to therapy and reducing prescription abandonment for patients like you and me.
We know our culture is special because our employees tell us that time and time again. We're all driven by our mission and passionate about making CoverMyMeds the best place to work and grow, whatever that means to you. We want you to come here to be yourself, embrace challenges and achieve meaningful results. (The on-site lunch, paid benefits and flexibility are icing on the cake!)
Want to learn more? We’re flattered. Check out: https://www.covermymeds.com/main/careers/.