The VP, Finance will be responsible for all financial activities across CoverMyMeds. Leveraging strategic leadership and operational excellence, you will support our mission to help patients live healthier lives while maintaining our high-growth trajectory and nationally-recognized culture.
In this role, you will collaborate with your team to support the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Business Unit Leaders (BUL) and other reporting requirements. You will work to empower leaders to make informed decisions and align investment to priorities. Success in this role requires an inquisitive, high-integrity professional who enjoys working with creative entrepreneurs in a dynamic environment.
What You'll Do:
- Driving all business level planning and reporting activities including monthly results, monthly rolling forecast, profit planning, strategic planning, and operating review
- Working closely with the CMM President and leadership team members including operations, HR, and marketing to enhance and maximize business performance
- Ensuring key metrics are reported on an as needed basis, presenting financial information and working on special projects as requested
- Building critical relationships with the leadership team and working together to help Company evolve from where it is today to where it wants to go from an Accounting and Financial perspective.
- Building organizational capability within the Finance function and providing leadership and direction to the finance organization in the pursuit of business goals and objectives.
- Being an action-oriented critical thinker, attentive to detail yet able to synthesize information quickly, drive process improvements and demonstrates the business acumen
- Consistently demonstrating the ability to lead and influencing a team through a positive and supportive approach, while driving compliance to financial policies and holding team members accountable for performance expectations.
- Providing accurate and timely information to drive decision making as a result of interpretation of the financials and operating metrics. strong financial modeling skills and the ability to draw, translate and communicate critical insights into analysis
- Maintaining high level of ethical standards, identifying and analyzing problem areas and recommending appropriate course of action.
- Creating and promoting a high performance culture. Building organizational capability by developing the broader financial acumen of the team through monthly operating rhythm, reporting, special projects and training.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and has strong analytical skills and finance expertise. Success in this role requires a proactive, self-motivated, and hands-on professional who thrives in a high-growth, entrepreneurial, and team-oriented environment.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics, required. Advanced degree a plus. 10 + years’ experience in Financial Planning Analysis roles
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: a solid track record of building and managing high-performing Finance teams. Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Travel: to the Columbus office (40%)
CoverMyMeds is one of the fastest growing healthcare technology companies in the US and consistently honored as one of the best places to work in the country. Our mission: Help patients get the medications they need to live healthy lives. Our solutions seamlessly connect the health care network to improve medication access, increasing speed to therapy and reducing prescription abandonment for patients like you and me.
We know our culture is special because our employees tell us that time and time again. We're all driven by our mission and passionate about making CoverMyMeds the best place to work and grow, whatever that means to you. We want you to come here to be yourself, embrace challenges and achieve meaningful results. (The on-site lunch, paid benefits and flexibility are icing on the cake!)
Want to learn more? We’re flattered. Check out: https://www.covermymeds.com/main/careers/.