As a Systems Engineer on the Specialty Platform Operations Team at CoverMyMeds, you create solutions that make our internal operations work more efficiently and effectively to help millions of patients receive the medications they need to live healthy lives. You build infrastructure that our technical teams use every day and scale those solutions to support our continued growth. You work on small teams with other people eager to make contributions, with endless opportunities to take on responsibility, continue learning and mentor others.
Our Tech Stack:
Linux, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, Consul, Graphite, Okta, Grafana, Splunk, Github, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL-Server, PostgreSQL
What You'll Do:
- Implement, administer, maintain and improve our test and production infrastructure and application platform
- Continuous improvement identification and implementation to reduce manual processes, improve consistency, stability, performance and security
- Collaborate with development teams to build, improve and maintain underlying systems to be highly available, scalable and highly performant.
- Collaborate with other business unit teams; representing Specialty’s point of view
- Contribute to backlog grooming, prioritization, decomp and refinement of work
- Troubleshoot production issues impacting performance/availability/stability of our applications
- Diagnose complex system issues with multiple influencing factors
- Participate on team on-call rotation
- 3+ years of Linux administration experience
- 3+ years working with configuration management tools
- Experience working in cross-functional teams with developers and DBAs
- Proven scripting/automation skills
- Excel in a rapid iteration environment with short turnaround times
- Proven experience learning new technologies quickly and independently
- Proven experience finding obstacles and partnering with others to design and implement solutions
- Deals positively with high levels of uncertainty, ambiguity and shifting priorities.
- A natural collaborator who seeks out new perspectives and builds trusting relationships with stakeholders and team members
- Things that would set you apart:
- 2+ years Ruby, Rails, Ansible or Python coding experience.
- Container infrastructure design and implementation
- Hands on working experience on DevOps essential tools like Docker, Kubernetes, GIT, JenkinsCI
- Cloud experience – Azure, Google Cloud Platform or AWS.
CoverMyMeds, part of McKesson’s Prescription Technology Solutions, is a fast-growing healthcare technology company. Our mission: Help patients get the medications they need to live healthy lives. Our solutions seamlessly connect the health care network to improve medication access, increasing speed to therapy and reducing prescription abandonment for patients like you and me.
We hire ambitious people and make it a priority to invest in them by providing opportunities to grow their careers and connections within the community. On-site culinary team, flexible hours and paid benefits? Yeah, we have those too. But don’t take our word for it. We’ve been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by Glassdoor, a “Best Company to Work For” by FORTUNE, and our employees have great things to say, too.
CoverMyMeds is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.